In applying to the emPLANT+ Master program during the first call (from Oct to mid-Jan) you automatically apply for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) scholarship.
In applying to emPLANT+ during the second call for application (from mid-Jan to end of Feb) you apply as a self-funding student.
Two different types of EMJMD scholarships are awarded:
- Scholarships for Program Country students
- Scholarships for Partner Country students (see below the exception for 12-months residency rule) which include some scholarships for students coming from targeted region of the world
To see how EMJMD scholarships are awarded, please refer to the selection procedure section.
Students who are awarded an EMJMD scholarship will benefit from the following financial support:
|Contribution to emPLANT+ participation costs||18 000€ (2-year full-time Master’s degree)|
|Contribution to travel costs||2 000€/year if place of residence is less than 4 000km from LAS*
3 000€/year if place of residence is more than 4 000km from LAS*
Exception: 1000€/year if you live in a Programme Country
|Contribution to installation costs||1 000€ one time cost
Exception: 0€ if you live in a Programme Country
|Living allowance (max. 24 months)||1 000€/month (not when in country of residence and max. 3 months in any Partner Country)|
|Contribution to emPLANT+ participation costs||9 000€ (2-year full-time Master’s degree)|
|Contribution to travel costs||1 000€/year|
|Contribution to installation costs||-|
|Living allowance (max. 24 months)||1 000€/month (not when in country of residence)|
*The place of residence should be verified on the basis of the provision of the documents below:
- a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules, OR;
- a certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question
Both documents must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline of applying for an EMJMD student scholarship, i.e. the consortium’s official deadline for student application.
12-months residency rule: Applicants with Partner Country citizenship who have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any Program Country are considered Program Country applicants for participation costs.
Distance calculator: If you apply for an EMJMD scholarship, you can check the applicable contribution to travel costs to:http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/distance_en.htm
The funds corresponding to “Contribution to emPLANT+ participation costs” are directly collected by the emPLANT Consortium and are not transferred to scholarship holders.
Number of scholarships available for 4 intakes (from 2021 to 2024): 88
- Program Country students: 8 scholarships for 4 intakes
- Partner Country students: 52 scholarships for 4 intakes
- Partner Country students from targeted region of the world: 28 scholarships for 4 intakes
The scholarships available in each intake are not fixed.