Visa and residence permit procedures
Foreign students should apply for student visa in a Turkish Consulate in their country of residence with their acceptance letter before arriving.
All foreign students coming to Turkey for the first time with or without a scholarship can apply for a residence permit to our Directorate or to Izmir Provincial Directorate of Migration Management. Students should acquire their residence permit within one-month following their arrival.
Documents required for residence permit are listed below:
- Application for residence permit
- Original and a copy of passport or equivalent document.(Page with photograph and other pages with stamp)
- 4 Photograph (biometric photograph taken in last 6 month period on a white background)
- Declaration of possession of regular financial resources (Included in application form. Directorate may ask for evidence of declaration)
- Health insurance (Insurance period should cover required residence period. One of the following listed below may be accepted as well:
- A signed and stamped official document issued by provincial social security authority declaring that student have right to use health services in Turkey in accordance with bilateral social security agreements
- Health insurance policy (It should be declared in the insurance that ‘The policy covers minimum deposit required in circular on private insurance required for residence permit application with date 06/06/2014 and number 9.
- Document of possession of active studentship rights.
Further information on residence permit are available at http://www.goc.gov.tr.