1- After reception, each application is checked in order to remove the following applications:
- Incomplete applications
- Incorrect applications (form filled out not in English, admission requirements not fulfilled)
2- At the end of the application deadline, each eligible application is assessed by two universities of the Consortium according to several criteria:
|Subject-related knowledge, skills and motivation||30|
|Personal and interpersonal competencies||10|
Selection and admission to emPLANT Master Programme is based on academic merit.
So applicants who score at least 30 out of 60 in “academic excellence” and 50 out of 100 in total will be ranked according to the total score of the consortium members. Unfortunately other applicants will not be considered.
3- Best ranked applicants will be selected for a short interview. Candidates are contacted at least 7 days before the date and time of the interview. The Skype interview lasts 10 minutes maximum and is designed to check the English level, the motivation, knowledges and communication skills of each applicants
For the EMJMD scholarships and according to the Erasmus rules, the selection process involves two categories of applicants: Programme countries and Partner countries. The ranking for both lists will contain a main and a reserve list. Please note that emPLANT promotes equal opportunities for women/men and students with special needs as well as equity between Consortium members:
- Without prejudice to the scientific excellence, the consortium will adjust for equitable and balanced gender participation
- EMJMD grants are allocated according to the position in the final ranking and by respecting geographical distribution
- Each country can only receive maximum 3 EMJMD grants
- According to their choices expressed in their application and their position in the final ranking, the consortium strives to distribute the students evenly over the two Y1 destinations (LAS, SLU) and the three Y2 destinations (UH, UPV and EgeU) to ensure harmonized student distribution over the consortium members
4- Candidates are then informed around mid-March if they have been offered a place with scholarship, a place without scholarship, a place on the reserve list, or if they have not been placed on the reserve list (non-selected). According to each of these options, candidates are requested to confirm their acceptance to the Consortium.
If you want to appeal against the Consortium decision, the appeal procedure consists in writing to the emPLANT Executive Board within 7 days after receiving notification of your rejection mail. The emPLANT coordinator will prepare the response which will be submitted to the Executive Board for approval. Before sending the response to the enquirer, the Coordinator might consult with the relevant EACEA staff. You will be notified in writing of the outcome of your appeal within 14 days after your appeal submission.